"YourCountry" is just for you and your country needs YOU

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Guardiola: I want to manage in the Premier League


The 41-year-old is one of the most sought after managers in football and despite being linked with Bayern Munich in the last few days, he has given hope to his English suitors

The former Barcelona coach has spent this season on a self-imposed sabattical following four years of enormous success at the Catalan club, during which he won 14 trophies. And despite being linked with a move to Bayern Munich, the 41-year-old Spaniard has offered hope to his Premier League suitors.

"I've always found English football very fascinating, for the environment, the crowd and the supporters," Guardiola said. "In Italy, Latin people will support you when you are playing and when you lose, they kill you. In England I'm always surprised that people always support everything and that is nice. That's why, maybe, I hope to have the challenge or the opportunity to train there.

"As a player, I couldn't realize my dream to play there. But I hope in the future I have a challenge to be a coach or a manager there and feel the experience of all the coaches and players that have been there. It is unique, to play in that league. The support is amazing. I want to feel the supporters, the environment, the media and the style of the players and everything. I am still young, just 41, so I hope in the future I could be able to train there and enjoy that."

Guardiola was speaking ahead of the FA's 150th anniversary commemorations in London on Wednesday. It was only 24 hours earlier that Real Madrid boss José Mourinho confirmed his interested of coach in the Premier League in the near future.
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments

 
© Yourcountry
Designed by NelmoHosting
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top